VSA Florida (VSAFL) provides meaningful learning experiences that increase artistic skills, foster creativity, promote social skills, and provide new ways of communication.
Each year, VSA Florida provides direct services to all 67 counties in Florida and serves over 60,000 individuals with disabilities, as we endeavor to create a world in which the arts are universally accessible.
During 2015-2016, VSA Florida:
- Directly served over 74,000 people through 484 programs in 61 counties in Florida. An additional 24,000 students were impacted directly through teacher trainings. 94% of our programs were provided free of charge.
- Served 3,414 students in 207 schools and Department of Juvenile Justice facilities through multi-week artist residency programs, conducting 1,696 hours of residency programs.
- Trained 1,255 teachers, teaching artists, museum staff, and cultural organization professionals on accessibility and accommodations
- Partnered with over 42 organizations across the state of Florida
- Participated in 17 exhibitions of art by students and adults with disabilities
- Hosted our second annual "Animation Gets Real" summer camp for 30 teens with Autism and related disabilities.
- Served over 1,300 people, including students and veterans, through our weeklong "A New Definition of Dance" program.
- Employed teaching artists to conduct programs and classes, injecting $207,047 into Florida’s economy