In March, James Durbin announced via his Facebook page that he had joined Quiet Riot, as their new lead singer, stating: “Well...The rumors are TRUE TRUE TRUE!! I am the official singer of Quiet Riot!!!!! Words I never imagined I would utter.”
James Durbin (28), a singer, songwriter and guitarist from Santa Cruz, California, who gained fame following the 2011 season of American Idol and now the lead vocalist for 80’s heavy metal rock band Quiet Riot, will be performing in Tampa on Tuesday, October 24 at 7 PM in the University of South Florida’s School of Music Concert Hall. Joining Durbin on stage will be USF’s School of Music iPad Band, Touch. Tickets for the Tampa show are free and available here by reservation at the USF College of the Arts Box Office. James will also be performing at the Tallahassee Community College on October 27. Tickets are free and can be reserved here.
In a 2016 People Magazine article, Durbin discussed living with Tourette’s and Asperger’s syndrome. “When I was a kid, I knew I was different. I hated it and wished it would go away. But now I want to be living proof that different is awesome.”
VSA Florida, the statewide organization on arts and disability, received a 2017 Challenge America grant from the National Endowment for the Arts and contracted Durbin to perform and speak about facing challenges and advocating for inclusion. He will share his motivational story and road to success at multiple middle and high schools and community outreach events in Tampa and Tallahassee.
Tampa schedule -
October 23 -
Motivational Outreach at Wharton High School Auditorium, 20150 Bruce B Downs Blvd, Tampa, FL 33647
- 8:30-9:12 AM James Durbin: Up Close and Personal
- 10:06-10:48 AM James Durbin: Up Close and Personal
Motivational Outreach at Focus Academy, 304 Druid Hills Rd, Temple Terrace, FL 33617
- 2-3 PM James Durbin: Up Close and Personal
October 24 -
Motivational Outreach at Lennard High School, 2342 Shell Point Rd E, Ruskin, FL 33570
- 9-10 AM James Durbin: Up Close and Personal
USF Lunch and Learn, School of Music, Room MUS211
- 12-1 PM
An Evening with James Durbin, USF Music Performance Hall, 3755 USF Holly Drive, MUS 101, Tampa, FL 33620
- 7-8:15 PM
- Join us at the concert and enter to win a new Gibson guitar signed by James! Click here for more information. Contact: Wendy Finklea @ 813.974.0715.
THIS COULD BE YOURS!
Tallahassee Schedule -
Click here to read more about the Tallahassee event
Click here to reserve Tallahassee tickets
October 26 -
Motivational Outreach Program at R. Frank Nims Middle School Gym, 723 W Orange Ave, Tallahassee, FL 32310
- 10:29-11:24 AM James Durbin: Up Close and Personal
An Evening with James Durbin, FSU College of Medicine Auditorium, 1115 W Call St, Tallahassee, FL 32304
- 5-6 PM Motivational Outreach with James Durbin: Ability and Music
- 6-7 PM Meet James Durbin Reception
October 27 -
Motivational Outreach Program at Tallahassee Community College, TCC Student Union Ballroom, 444 Appleyard Dr, Tallahassee, FL 32304
- 1-2 PM James Durbin: Up Close and Personal
An Evening with James Durbin, TCC Community College, TCC Student Union Ballroom, 444 Appleyard Dr, Tallahassee, FL 32304
- 6-7 PM
- Join us at the concert and enter to win a new Gibson guitar signed by James! Click here for more information. Contact: Susan Baldino @ 850.510.8820.
THIS COULD BE YOURS!